Science communication is my first love, before the personal essay. I started off in science communication writing blog posts about it for Canadian Science Publishing (e.g., Science Blogging 101). I have also written op-eds about science communication for Science Borealis, Canada’s science blog aggregator.
- Building Indigenous Relations in an Age of Reconciliation. Science Borealis, 30 Nov 2018.
- How do you scale your community activities? Community playbooks map the pathways. Science Borealis, 1 Nov 2018.
- Science Communication in the Era of Fake News. Genome Alberta Genomics Blog. 2 Jan 2018.
- Science Communications and Science Literacy: An Evening in Victoria, BC. Science Borealis. 12 Oct 2017.
- Canadian Science Needs More Than Funding: It Needs Public Champions. Science Borealis. 11 Sep 2017.
- Canada Isn’t Immune to Trump-ism. Desmog Canada, 5 Dec 2016.
- Canadian Science Funding Review Should Include Science Communication. Science Borealis, 11 Jul 2016.
- Science Blogging 101. Canadian Science Publishing, 3 Mar 2016.
- Scientists Must Communicate! But How? Canadian Science Publishing, 16 Apr 2015.
- To Communicate or to Excommunicate – Is That the Scientist Versus Journalist Question? Canadian Science Writers’ Association, 9 Apr 2015.
- What is this ‘science communication’ you speak of? Canadian Science Publishing, 4 Feb 2014.
- So you write about the environment: Are you a science writer or a nature writer? Canadian Science Writers’ Association, 10 Jan 2014.
- Putting the science in fiction writing. Canadian Science Writers’ Association, 15 Oct 2013.